“User” means an Internet user visiting the www.ongconseil.ca website.
“Personal information” means any information, in any form whatsoever, that is specific to a natural person and that can be used directly or indirectly to identify that person.
Information concerning the website owner and/or editor
The site owner and/or editor is a duly constituted legal entity.
Site owner and/or editor: ONG Conseil Canada Inc.
Editor’s address: 3575 boul. Saint-Laurent, suite 212 – Montréal, QC, H2X 2T7, Canada
Editorial director: Karim Chaieb
Webmaster: Matthieu Guerin
Web host: OVH
Personal information collected on this website
The following information is collected from all users visiting the www.ongconseil.ca website:
- The URL addresses of the links through which the user accessed the www.ongconseil.ca website
- The user’s Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- The user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address
All personal information concerning the user (name, e-mail, telephone numbers) obtained by ONG Conseil Canada Inc. is collected solely for the purposes of the services provided through the www.ongconseil.ca website. Users providing personal information do so of their own accord fully aware of the purpose for which it will be used. The www.ongconseil.ca website gives clear indications to users when information requested is mandatory or optional.
Upon proof of identity, users may request the following from ONG Conseil Canada Inc.:
- verification of their personal data collected by ONG Conseil Canada Inc. or on its behalf.
- information regarding the purposes for which such data will be used.
- information regarding the identity and geographic location of the recipients of the data.
- a copy of the data, provided free-of-charge, on condition that the request is not unreasonable, specifically that it is not repeated excessively or disproportionate in nature.
No personal information concerning users of the www.ongconseil.ca website is ever:
- collected without the user’s knowledge;
- published without the user’s knowledge; or
- exchanged, transferred, sold or provided in any form or medium to a third party. Such information would only be transferred should ONG Conseil Canada Inc. and its rights be sold. In such a case, the data would be transferred to the new owner who continues to be bound by the same obligations concerning the storage and modification of data pertaining to users of the www.ongconseil.ca website.
ONG Conseil Canada Inc. may conduct studies and statistical analyses regarding the profiles of users and their use of the www.ongconseil.ca website, provided that user anonymity is maintained.
Correction of personal information
Users are entitled to correct their personal information held by ONG Conseil Canada Inc. A user that wishes to do so must make a request in writing to ONG Conseil Canada Inc. and send it to 3575 boul. Saint-Laurent, suite 212, Montréal, QC, H2X 2T7, stating his or her personal name or business name, mailing or e-mail address, and, if applicable, his or her reference information as a member of the www.ongconseil.ca website. All such corrections shall be made within a reasonable time following receipt of the user’s request.
Cookies are used to identify users, personalize their visits to the www.ongconseil.ca website, and speed up the loading of pages by saving a small data file on the user’s computer. The user hereby acknowledges that it has been informed of this practice and consents to ONG Conseil Canada Inc.’s continued use thereof.
Except for public documents and additional specifications, all parts of the www.ongconseil.ca website including all texts, presentations, illustrations, photographs, tree hierarchies and text layouts, are the exclusive intellectual property of ONG Conseil Canada Inc. or its partners.
Thus, it is prohibited to display, reproduce, embed, disseminate or re-disseminate any element of the website, in whole or in part. Any person who does any of the aforementioned acts without the prior express consent of the copyright holder may incur penalties for copyright infringement. Furthermore, it is prohibited to display, reproduce, embed, disseminate or re-disseminate, all or part of the www.ongconseil.ca website database. In any event, the following statement must appear on every authorized copy of all or part of the website content: “Copyright 2006 ONG Conseil Canada Inc. All rights reserved”.
All trademarks and logos on the www.ongconseil.ca website are registered by ONG Conseil Canada Inc., or one of its partners. Any person who displays, reproduces, embeds, disseminates or re-disseminates such trademarks and logos is subject to the relevant sanctions.
Further trademark and copyright information regarding the content of the www.ongconseil.ca website:
Multimedia design and graphics: Fil d’Ariane
Photographs: Léa Hamoignon; Félix Brouillet
Texts: Benjamin Dawidowicz, Benoît da Piedade, MarionViau
Videos: Benjamin Dawidowicz, Félix Brouillet
ONG Conseil Canada Inc. will always inform users when content on its www.ongconseil.ca website constitutes advertising material.
Comments and suggestions
Comments and suggestions may be sent to the site manager at: email@example.com.
Accuracy of information provided
When users provide information, they agree to the following:
- to provide information that is true, accurate and up-to-date when it is entered in the on-line enrolment form, specifically to not use false names or addresses, or names or addresses they are not authorized to use.
- to keep the enrolment data up-to-date, ensuring it is still true, accurate and up-to-date.
- to not provide or disseminate information that is illegal, reprehensible (e.g. defamatory or obscene) or harmful (e.g. viruses).
If a user breaches these provisions, ONG Conseil Canada Inc. may suspend or terminate that user’s access to services, at the user’s sole expense and liability.
Access to the site
Users can access www.ongconseil.ca 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, subject to provision to the contrary. ONG Conseil Canada Inc. may not be held liable should technical issues prevent connection to its website, regardless of whether due to force majeure, maintenance, updating, site modification, hosting operations, strikes or lockouts, network failure, power outage, or an incorrect configuration or use of the user’s computer.
Use of contact information
ONG Conseil Canada Inc. prohibits the use of contact details appearing on the website www.ongconseil.ca for canvassing, advertizing or any other commercial purpose.
Forum, chat room, comments and evaluations
The www.ongconseil.ca website may include a forum and/or chat room and/or comments and site evaluation system allowing individuals and organizations to post information and opinions in various forms, including simultaneous exchanges. In such a case, www.ongconseil.ca website users undertake to conduct themselves appropriately and respectfully toward other users.
ONG Conseil Canada Inc. reserves the right to control messages and opinions posted by users in the www.ongconseil.ca website’s forum, chat room or comments system, and, in certain cases, to:
- delete messages and opinions that are illegal (e.g. defamatory, racist, libellous, or promotional);
- exclude the user that publishes such messages.
Contributions to forums, chat rooms, comments and evaluations may be made anonymously.
A user of the www.ongconseil.ca website who publicly and deliberately disseminates personal information on forums, chat rooms or comments and evaluation systems, acknowledges that such data may be collected by third parties and exonerates ONG Conseil Canada from any liability in that regard.
Limitation of liability
The user hereby expressly acknowledges that use of the www.ongconseil.ca website is at his or her own risk and sole liability. The content of the www.ongconseil.ca website is provided as is, including all errors or omissions, and is for information purposes only. In addition, users must take into account the date information is posted rather than the date they consult the website. ONG Conseil Canada Inc. may not under any circumstances be held liable for any of the following:
- any direct or indirect damage, including loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of clients or data, that may result in part or in whole, from the use of the www.ongconseil.ca website or from the inability to use the site.
- any dysfunction, access interruption, incorrect use or configuration of the user’s computer, or the use by a user of a less common browser.
- the content of advertisements or other links or external sources that can be accessed by the user from the site www.ongconseil.ca.
Advertising and site sponsor
The www.ongconseil.ca website may contain advertisements. ONG Conseil Canada Inc. may not, under any circumstances, be held liable for the content of advertisements or for the consequences of any contractual relationship between the user of the www.ongconseil.ca website and the person who published the advertisement.
Webmasters who wish to establish a link from their site to the www.ongconseil.ca website must obtain prior express authorization from ONG Conseil Canada Inc. In any event, Webmasters who create hyperlinks agree not to use deep linking, which embeds www.ongconseil.ca web pages in the Webmaster’s web pages.
Users redirected to a third party web page by a hyperlink on the www.ongconseil.ca website acknowledge that ONG Conseil Canada Inc. has no control over the content of such third party websites. Therefore, ONG Conseil Canada Inc. may not under any circumstances be held liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the use of sites accessible from hyperlinks on the www.ongconseil.ca website.
Date of last update
Date this legal notice was last updated: 2012-05-24.