Entirely independent of any financial or communication groups, ONG Conseil Canada Inc. recruits, trains and supervises teams according to the principles of ethical management and attitudes that reflect the reality of NPOs.
At ONG Conseil Canada Inc., our management is founded on strong values: social and environmental responsibility, best endeavours obligation, quality and ethical requirements, solidarity, commitment, respect for others, non-judgment, transparency.
For ethical reasons, and to make sure each donation is informed and made freely and sincerely, our fundraisers are trained to abide by the following principles:
- Openness about the professional nature of this fundraising initiative and the fact that canvassers are salaried and not on commission;
- Provision of honest information: a complete presentation of the social purpose of the association…
- Prohibition of dishonesty, aggressiveness or attempts to elicit guilt;
- Truthfulness when canvassers do not know the answer to a question, so as never to provide confusing or misleading information to the public;
- Transparency about the minimal monthly donation possible, in order to provide a choice regarding the amount of the donation;
- Respect and non-judgmental attitude for the opinions and decisions of others (such as whether or not to donate);
- Prohibition of discrimination (on the basis of age, gender, dress, distinctive signs, etc.) against the people being canvassed on the street.
At ONG Conseil Canada Inc., our choices and values reflect our two main ambitions:
- To promote ethically and socially responsible professional practices in NPO fundraising and communications.
- To enhance citizens’ participation through monthly donations (involvement that goes beyond a one-time contribution).
ONG Conseil Canada Inc. intends to give weight and legitimacy to NPOs within society by helping their donors make informed, responsible choices.